Mystery swirls around possible ‘second suspect’ spotted in Nancy Guthrie case — as sheriff makes a new admission

1 hour ago 3

The masked, armed intruder seen in Nancy Guthrie’s doorbell camera may not having been working alone, the Pima County Sheriff’s Department confirmed on Friday.

“The sheriff has said all along that while investigators are working to identify the person seen on doorbell video, they are not ruling out that that was the only person involved,” a Pima County Sheriff’s Department spokesperson told Fox News Digital.

The response comes after growing speculation that a “second suspect” may have been spotted on camera at Nancy’s house the night she disappeared.

Since the 84-year-old mother of “Today” show host Savannah Guthrie went missing on Feb. 1, authorities have provided conflicting reports on how many suspects they are looking for in her disappearance.

After the release of doorbell camera footage showing a masked man approaching the front door of Nancy’s Tucson, Arizona, home, investigators suggested that they were working under the assumption that this individual was the sole person involved in her abduction.

Some observers are speculating that this person seen on Nancy Guthrie’s Nest cam could be a separate suspect because he had no backpack or pistol holster. FBI
The suspect was seen wearing a backpack and pistol in a holster in this footage. FBI Phoenix

Under-fire Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos explicitly said that he believed the man in the video is the “primary suspect” and “likely perpetrator” in the kidnapping.

However, federal authorities have kept open the possibility that more than one person was involved.

FBI Director Kash Patel previously said the agency was investigating more than one “person of interest” in the case.

The Post spoke to gun shop owners in Tucson who said they detectives showed them photos of multiple people as they questioned them about the case.

Authorities are not ruling out multiple suspects in Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance. Facebook/Savanah Guthrie
The mother of “Today” show host Savannah Guthrie (l) was last seen on Jan. 31. Instagram/savannahguthrie

On the same day as the release of the surveillance footage from Nancy’s house, the FBI also released a still image that appears to have been taken by the same camera, and showing a man wearing similar clothes as the one seen in the video.

However, he doesn’t appear to be carrying a backpack or a holster, sparking speculation that he may be a different person than the one seen at the front door.

“Since we don’t have timestamps, I have questions about when this still image was recorded in relation to the videos. Is this even the same guy?” Fox News’ Michael Ruiz wrote in a post on X.

Savannah Guthrie released a new video on Instagram Sunday pleading for her mother’s return. Instagram / Savannah Guthrie

A pair of floodlights at the rear of Nancy’s home also appear to have been smashed, drone video obtained by the Fox Flight Team shows.

Although it isn’t known for certain whether they were broken in connection with the crime, this could indicate multiple suspects were involved in the abduction, according to retired Las Vegas lieutenant Randy Sutton.


Here’s the latest on Savannah Guthrie’s missing mom


“You would break those floodlights so as not to be silhouetted. It’s a common thing,” he told Fox News Digital, while pointing out that kidnapping an elderly lady with limited mobility would be difficult to do alone.

“I think that the individual at the front of the house was accompanied by somebody who made entry at the rear of the house, and there was probably a driver involved,” Sutton added. “It would be very unwieldy to have just one person.”

He called for investigators to look into tracing walkie-talkie devices, as cell tower data has so far turned up no known leads.

Pima County Sheriff’s Department did not respond immediately to requests for comment.

Read Entire Article