Fourth measles case confirmed in LA county as community urged to take precautions

1 hour ago 2

A fourth measles case has been confirmed in Los Angeles County, with officials urging the community to take precautions.

The resident recently traveled internationally and arrived at LAX on Feb. 9 and visited several public locations in LA county while infectious, according to the Los Angeles County Public Health Department

Officials said people who were at Terminal B on Feb. 9 from 7:30 p.m. to 9:40 p.m. may have been exposed. In addition, passengers seated near the infected traveler will be notified by their local health departments. 

A fourth measles case has been confirmed involving a resident who recently traveled internationally. ÐаÑалÑÑ ÐайÑева – stock.adobe.com

People who visited the following locations at these dates and times may have been also exposed:

Burger King #317, 1212 W Beverly Blvd, Montebello, CA 90640, February 10, 2026, 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.

Taqueria El Atacor #3, 11156 1/2 Whittier Blvd, Whittier, CA 90606, February 11, 2026, 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.

Another measles case has been confirmed in Los Angeles County in 2026. AP

Domino’s Pizza #7857, 803 W Whittier Blvd, Montebello, CA 90640, February 12, 2026, 4 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.

7-Eleven #25387, 1106 W Beverly Blvd, Montebello, CA 90640, February 13, 2026, 4:30 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.

Officials are asking those who might have been exposed to take precautions because they may be at risk of developing measles 7 to 21 days after exposure. 

“As measles cases increase, it is important that residents take steps to make sure they are fully protected,” Muntu Davis, MD, MPH, Los Angeles County Health Officer. “The MMR vaccine is the safest and most reliable way to prevent measles and protect yourself, your family, and your community.”

Officials urge people to take precautions and get vaccinated. AP

He added, “Measles spreads easily and can lead to serious complications, including pneumonia, brain swelling, and even death.”

Officials said they “urge everyone to confirm their immunity and get the MMR vaccine if needed, especially before traveling.”

This makes it the fourth confirmed case of measles this year in LA County.

The third case was reported on Feb. 2 and involved a resident who traveled internationally and visited at least one public location, the Mardi Gras Tuesday restaurant on January 24. The second case was reported on Jan. 31, followed by the first on Jan. 30. All of the cases have involved international travel, officials said.

Earlier this month, Orange County officials confirmed a second case of measles involving a person who visited Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park on Jan. 22, according to the Orange County Health Care Agency.

Orange County officials confirmed two earlier cases of measles. REUTERS

It followed another measles case involving an international traveler who arrived in LA and visited both Disneyland, Disney’s California Adventure Park, and at a restaurant at a Disney hotel in Anaheim.

Measles are known are considered highly contagious. nobeastsofierce – stock.adobe.com

Measles can be spread through tiny airborne droplets that can linger in the air for hours and survive on surfaces, per the CDC.

Symptoms can range from fever, cough, runny nose, red eyes and a rash that typically begins on the face before spreading to the rest of the body. If symptoms appear, contact your healthcare provider immediately.

Read Entire Article