Prince William Shares Rare Update on Kate Middleton’s Recovery

56 minutes ago 3

See Kate Middleton on First Overseas Trip Since Cancer Treatment

Prince William is reveling in Kate Middleton’s good health. 

After the Princess of Wales made her first overseas trip to Italy two years after being diagnosed with cancer, her husband of 15 years celebrated the milestone in a rare interview. 

“I come very, very proud,” William said during a May 22 appearance on Heart Breakfast. “She's been amazing. She's been through so much in the last couple of years, particularly. And she's been looking forward the Italian trip a lot and so I'm really glad it went really well.”

In fact, the 43-year-old shared that Kate’s preparations for the trip to Reggio Emilia—where she continued work for the Centre for Early Childhood, the royal foundation she founded in 2021—even found its way into their bedroom. 

“She wanted to go and do lots of research,” William explained. “She spends God knows how much time now looking through all the paperwork. She's a proper pro on early years and so most evenings I'm fighting to get past in the bedroom what paperwork that she's got lined up ready to read.”

So, when the trip was a success, he added that his wife “came back buzzing.”

For William, it’s been a joy to see Kate—with whom he shares Prince George, 12, Princess Charlotte, 10, and Prince Louis, 7—return to well-deserved normalcy.

Aaron Chown - Pool/Getty Images

“She's an amazing mom, an amazing wife, and literally our family could cope without her,” he said. “She's been absolutely stunning. Really has.”

And while the Italy trip was a total success, William noted they’re proceeding with caution as Kate resumes international duties. 

“It’s kind of just sort of edging herself back into doing more and more of those trips,” he explained. “Away trips like that take a lot out of you because you're on sort of permanent receive and send the whole time. And so, we have to balance that—make sure she's okay and rested. But, yeah, she's in good form.”

Marco BERTORELLO / POOL / AFP via Getty Images

Kate’s two-day visit to the north Italian city of Reggio Emilia, known for its innovative approach to early childhood education, consisted of meetings with families, local educators and government leaders.

Ahead of the May 13 trip, a royal spokesperson shared the intent of the 44-year-old’s mission.

“The Princess is very much looking forward to visiting Italy next week,” the statement read, “and seeing first-hand how the Reggio Emilia approach creates environments where nature and loving human relationships come together to support children’s development."

After all, Kate herself expressed her intentions earlier this year to return to public duties, writing on X in January, "I am however looking forward to a fulfilling year ahead. There is much to look forward to.”

For more royal news from around the world this year, read on. 

Yui Mok/PA Images via Getty Images

Princess Eugenie Announces 3rd Pregnancy

In May, Princess Eugenie shared she and her husband Jack Brooksbank—who share sons August, 5, and Ernest, 2—are expecting their third baby together.

Chris Jackson/Getty Images

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor Arrested

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, formerly known as Prince Andrew, was arrested on Feb. 19, his 66th birthday, on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

The arrest came amid renewed controversy over Andrew's alleged ties to Jeffrey Epstein. (Andrew has denied any wrongdoing.)

Aaron Chown - WPA Pool / Getty Images

Prince William and Kate Middleton Break Silence on the Epstein Files

The Duke and Duchess of Wales spoke out amid the release of millions of documents in connection with Jeffrey Epstein, sharing their support for the victims of the late convicted sex offender.

"I can confirm The Prince and Princess have been deeply concerned by the continuing revelations," a Kensington Palace spokesperson shared in a statement obtained by MS NOW Feb. 9. "Their thoughts remain focused on the victims."

LISE ASERUD/NTB/AFP via Getty Images

Marius Borg Høiby, Son of Norway's Crown Princess, Arrested Ahead of Rape Trial

Marius Borg Høiby—the eldest son of Crown Princess Mette-Marit and step-son of Crown Prince Haakon—was arrested Feb. 1 for assault, threats with a knife and violation of a restraining order, Oslo police confirmed in a statement to The Associated Press.

The 29-year-old—who does not carry a royal title or official duties—is being kept in detention for up to four weeks over risks of reoffending after the Oslo district court granted the request. His attorney Petar Sekulic told the outlet that they are considering appealing the decision.

Høiby is expected in court Feb. 3 as part of a separate indictment regarding four alleged rapes between 2018 and 2024, as well as two alleged acts of violence against a partner and violating a restraining order.

His defense team addressed the allegations in a statement to the AP, saying that Høiby "denies all charges of sexual abuse, as well as the majority of the charges regarding violence."

Dave Benett/Getty Images for Cartier

Flora Vesterberg, Queen Elizabeth's Cousin, Announces Pregnancy

Flora Vesterberg, the granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II's first cousin Princess Alexandra, announced that she is pregnant with her and husband Timothy Vesterberg's first baby. 

"Delighted to share that Timothy and I are expecting our first child," she wrote on Instagram Jan. 19. "We're truly over the moon."

Photo by Brook Mitchell / AFP via Getty Images

Prince Harry Appears in Court for Lawsuit Against U.K. Tabloids

Harry appeared at London’s High Court Jan. 19 for the start of what is expected to be a weeks-long trial against Associated Newspapers—the media group that publishes the Daily MailThe Mail on Sunday, and Mail Online—over allegations of unethical newsgathering tactics

Other stars including Elton John, Elizabeth Hurley, and Sadie Frost are also taking aim against the publishing company in the lawsuit.

Associated Newspapers has “vigorously denied” the claims, according to the BBC.

Instagram/Meghan Markle

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Celebrate 10 Years Together

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex celebrated ten years together by sharing a romantic black and white video of themselves dancing in their backyard.

Set to Olivia Dean’s “So Easy (To Fall In Love),” the couple revealed that the clip was recorded by none other than their 4-year-old daughter Lilibet.  Alongside a camera emoji, Meghan—who also shares 6-year-old son Archie with Harry— added in the caption of the Jan. 16 Instagram post, “cred: our daughter.”

The couple also shared a throwback photo from their first year of dating. In the adorable snap, the pair embraced each other during a nature-filled getaway.

“When 2026 feels just like 2016….,” Meghan wrote in the caption. “You had to be there.”

Photo by Europa Press/Europa Press via Getty Images

Princess Irene of Greece Dies at 83

The Greek royal family’s private office announced Jan. 15 that Queen Sofia of Spain’s sister died at the age of 83. 

As the statement read, "It is with deep sadness that the Greek Royal Family announces that HRH Princess Irene, beloved sister and aunt, passed away on Thursday, January 15th 2026, at 11:40 local time, in Zarzuela Palace in Madrid surrounded by loved ones."

Her funeral was held Jan. 19 at the Metropolitan Cathedral in Athens following her death, with the burial at the Royal Cemetery of Tatoi.

Arthur Edwards - WPA Pool/Getty Images

Kate Middleton Celebrates Her Birthday With Moving Message

On her 44th birthday, the Princess of Wales shared a message on the power of nature to heal.

“Even in the coldest, darkest season, winter has a way of bringing us stillness, patience and quiet consideration,” Kate said in a voiceover alongside footage of snowy landscapes in her Jan. 9 video. “Where the stream slows just enough for us to see our own reflection, to discover the deepest parts of ourselves, alongside the whispers and the pulse of every living thing.”

She added, “I find myself reflecting on how deeply grateful I am. For the rivers within us flow with ease, fears washed away, cleanse and purify, come to peace with our tears and discover what it means to be alive, to be at one with nature—a quiet teacher and a soft voice that guides in memory helping us to heal in.”

(Photo by Isabel Infantes / POOL / AFP via Getty Images)

Kate Middleton Makes Surprise Appearance With Prince William

The Princess of Wales marked her first public appearance of 2026 as she joined her husband during an engagement at the Charing Cross Hospital in London. The outing in support of healthcare workers came almost a year after she announced she was in remission following her cancer diagnosis.

For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News App

Read Entire Article