Pacquiao's resumes return with 10-round exhibition against Provodnikov

2 hours ago 3

Manny Pacquiao has confirmed he will take on Ruslan Provodnikov in a 10-round welterweight exhibition match on April 18 at Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas.

Pacquiao returned to the ring after a four-year retirement for the first time last year and now continues that return against former junior welterweight ‌world champion Provodnikov.

The last outing for the 47-year-old was in July 2025 when he took on former WBC welterweight ‌champion Mario Barrios. That contest ended with a majority draw; two of the judges scored it a draw and one awarded Barrios a 115-113 victory.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Manny Pacquiao says negotiations for a rematch with Floyd Mayweather are taking place and they are discussing a date and venue for early 2026

"I carry the Philippines with me every time I ​fight. The support from my country and from fans around the world continues to inspire me," Pacquiao ​said in a statement.

"Returning to Las Vegas means so much to me, and I'm ‌excited to work with a team focused on creating a world-class experience for the fans.

"I'm coming ‌back to give them a great fight - and I'm ready."

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Whilst attending an IBA Pro event in Manila, Manny Pacquiao confirmed he is in negotiations with Floyd Mayweather and his team over a potential rematch. Footage from Seconds Out

During Pacquiao's time away, he launched a presidential bid in the Philippines in 2022 after serving six years in their senate.

He was the first ever boxer to become the eight-division world champion and became ⁠the oldest welterweight world champion at age 40 in 2019.

April's bout will be at the Thomas and Mack Center, which hosted a number of notable fights in the 1990s before the construction of MGM Grand Garden Arena and then T-Mobile Arena that became the primary homes for Las Vegas' top matches.

Read Entire Article