Moment Iranian TV news anchor fires assault rifle on live television: ‘I’m ready to sacrifice my life for my country’

1 hour ago 3

Iranian state TV anchors brandished assault rifles on live television as the regime ramped up wartime propaganda amid fears of renewed conflict with the US and Israel — with one unhinged presenter firing off some rounds.

In the startling broadcast on the state-run Ofogh channel, host Hossein Hosseini fired an AK-47 rifle inside the studio after receiving weapons training from a masked member of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, according to multiple reports.

“I’ll aim at that,” he said as he pointed the rifle toward a United Arab Emirates flag displayed behind the anchor desk before pulling the trigger, according to South Korea’s Chosun Ilbo. He was then seen firing a second shot into the studio ceiling.

Mobina Nasiri, an Iranian state television news anchor, fires an assault rifle in the studio during a broadcast.Mobina Nasiri, an Iranian state television news anchor, fires an assault rifle in the studio during a broadcast. via REUTERS

The bizarre segment aired as Tehran reportedly began offering civilians weapons instruction through public “gun kiosks” and mosque-based training sessions across several cities.

On another Iranian state-run channel, presenter Mobina Nasiri appeared on air clutching an assault rifle while declaring loyalty to the regime.

“They sent me a weapon from Vanak Square so that I, too, like all of you people, can learn how to use it,” he said during the live broadcast.

“Through this broadcast, I announce that I am ready to sacrifice my life for my country,” he grimly added.

Iranian state television reportedly described the drills as part of “public readiness to defend the country,” according to Al Jazeera.

The broadcasts have exploded online as tensions escalate across the Middle East.

The fragile ceasefire between Iran and the US-Israel alliance appeared to hold Tuesday — but both sides are openly preparing for a possible return to attacks.

President Trump said he halted a “scheduled” major strike on Iran after Gulf allies urged Washington to give diplomacy another chance.

“Through this broadcast, I announce that I am ready to sacrifice my life for my country," the news anchor said.“Through this broadcast, I announce that I am ready to sacrifice my life for my country,” the news anchor said. via REUTERS

But Trump warned Tehran that military action could resume “on a moment’s notice” if talks collapse, while US and Israeli forces are reportedly carrying out their most intense preparations since the ceasefire for renewed bombing campaigns and possible limited ground operations.

Washington recently rejected a revised peace proposal from Tehran, according to Axios, which quoted a senior US official as saying it had superficial improvements on a previously unsuccessful proposal.

Read Entire Article