Kyle Busch asked for medical help during race weeks before shocking death

57 minutes ago 3

Kyle Busch was dealing with a sinus issue less than two weeks before his tragic death at the age of 41.  

The legendary NASCAR driver requested medical attention in the waning moments at Watkins Glen International on May 10.

Busch asked over the radio for a doctor to meet him at his bus after the race.

Kyle Busch, driver of the #7 HendrickCars.com Chevrolet, looks on during practice for the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series ECOSAVE 200 at Dover Motor Speedway on May 15, 2026 in Dover, Delaware.Kyle Busch, driver of the HendrickCars.com Chevrolet, looks on during practice for the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series ECOSAVE 200 at Dover Motor Speedway on May 15, 2026 in Dover, Delaware. Getty Images

“Can somebody try to find Bill Heisel? He’s the kindred doctor guy. Tell him I need him after the race, please,” Busch said.

“I’m gonna need a shot,” he added. 

During the broadcast of the race, FOX Sports’ Mike Joy mentioned that Busch had been dealing with a “sinus cold” during the week. 

On May 16, one day before he took the wheel in the All-Star Race last Sunday, Busch told reporters his illness was still lingering.

“I’m still not great,” he said when asked if he was feeling better. “The cough was pretty substantial last week.”

Close-up of a race car driver in a black, red, and white racing suit, wearing a black hat and blue reflective sunglasses.Kyle Busch, driver of the #8 zone Watermelon x Circle K Chevrolet, is introduced prior to the NASCAR Cup Series Würth 400 presented by LIQUI MOLY at Texas Motor Speedway on May 03, 2026 in Fort Worth, Texas. Getty Images

Early on Thursday, Busch was abruptly pulled from the Coca-Cola 600 field with what was described as a “severe illness resulting in hospitalization.”

Just hours later, the shocking news of his death came from NASCAR.

“We are saddened and heartbroken to share the news of the passing of Kyle Busch, a two-time Cup champion and one of our sport’s greatest and fiercest drivers. He was 41 years old,” the organization said in a statement. “We extend our deepest condolences to the Busch family, Richard Childress Racing and the entire motorsports community.”

Read Entire Article