Decomposed leg confirmed as missing California teen’s; 51-year-old man charged with murder

1 hour ago 3

A 51-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder after DNA confirmed a decomposed leg found in a Southern California field belonged to a missing teenage Riverside County girl.

Abraham Feinbloom, a resident of Salton City, was apprehended on Friday as authorities continue searching for the rest of 17-year-old T’Neya “TT” Tovar’s remains.

As deputies and FBI agents arrived with a search warrant at his Harlequin Court home around 7:30 a.m., Feinbloom allegedly jumped a fence in an apparent attempt to flee but was quickly captured, KESQ-TV reported.

Feinbloom was arrested and booked into Imperial County Jail on charges of murder and resisting a peace officer. He is being held without bail.

T’Neya “TT” Tovar, 17, vanished Dec. 1 after telling her mother she was heading to Palm Springs. FBI
DNA later confirmed a decomposed leg found in Salton City belonged to the Riverside County teen. FBI
Abraham Feinbloom, a 51-year-old resident of Salton City, was apprehended on Friday as authorities continue searching for the rest of T’Neya “TT” Tovar’s remains. KESQ

Tovar, a resident of Hemet who has been described as “headstrong” and “full of energy,” was last heard from on Dec. 1, when she called her mother and said she was heading to Palm Springs, promising to return home within two weeks.

Her mother, Charro Tovar, filed a missing person report. She told authorities that she later learned T’Neya was traveling to meet Feinbloom, according to KESQ-TV.

Friends told Charro they had seen T’Neya with Feinbloom in October at the 7th and Metro transit station in Los Angeles, suggesting their contact may have begun months before she vanished, the local TV station reported.

In the weeks that followed, her parents repeatedly drove roughly 70 miles from their Riverside County home to a boarded-up pink home on Harlequin Court in Salton City, where her phone last pinged.

The teen’s mother has questioned why DNA testing took more than six weeks and why repeated welfare checks did not lead to an earlier search warrant. FBI

They say deputies conducted four welfare checks but never forced entry and suggested the teen might be a runaway.

“If they had acted sooner, maybe my child could have been saved,” Charro said in an interview with KESQ-TV.

Neighbors reported hearing drums, seeing bright lights and occasional screams coming from the house, and one family nicknamed Feinbloom “the scary man in the scary house.”

On Dec. 21, deputies responded to a reported sighting of human remains in a field in the Vista Del Mar section of Salton City.

Law enforcement officials recovered a decomposed human leg, but could not determine the sex, age or race of the person to whom it belonged.

DNA testing by forensic pathologists later confirmed that the leg belonged to T’Neya. The official confirmation came last week — more than two months after the original DNA sample was taken from the family on Dec. 6.

Friends told T’Neya Tovar’s mother they saw the 17-year-old with Abraham Feinbloom in October at the 7th and Metro transit station in Los Angeles, months before she vanished in December. FBI

On Dec. 23 — two days after the leg was discovered — neighbors said Feinbloom began installing multiple security cameras around his boarded-up pink home, which is surrounded by a pink cinder-block wall.

Her mother has questioned why DNA testing took more than six weeks and why repeated welfare checks did not lead to an earlier search warrant.

Public records list Feinbloom as a musician who had lived at the home for years. County property records show the deed remained in the name of his deceased parents.

The investigation remains active, with the FBI offering a $10,000 reward for information related to the case.

The family and law enforcement officials were not immediately available for comment.

Read Entire Article