Another Los Angeles AutoZone has been hit by looters — just a week after an East LA store was ransacked twice in a single day.
A group targeted the locaiton at 10013 S. Central Ave. in South Los Angeles around 5:30 a.m. Monday following an alleged street takeover, according to Fox 11.
The LAPD said several vehicles blocked an intersection during the takeover, while two people were taken into custody. The number of looters involved in the latest burglary remains unclear as cops investigate.
The latest smash-and-grab comes after a mob of 27 alleged looters descended on an East Los Angeles AutoZone twice in 24 hours earlier this month.
In the first raid, 11 suspects were caught on camera entering the store after someone allegedly smashed through the glass entrance. Another 16 suspects reportedly hit the same store the following day.
The two raids allegedly resulted in at least $50,000 in stolen merchandise and three stolen cash registers.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department released photos of both groups and asked the public to help identify them.
“Investigators believe the suspects may have also participated in the previous day’s burglary at the same location which occurred during a street takeover,” LASD said of the second group.
The first raid erupted alongside a street takeover near Olympic and Atlantic boulevards. The following night, more than 100 vehicles reportedly descended on the area as the AutoZone was hit again.
And East LA wasn’t the only target.
Break-ins were also reported in other AutoZone stores such as in Watts, Downey, and Long Beach during the same weekend as the back-to-back raids in East Los Angeles.

1 hour ago
3
English (US)